PH-80: pH HydroTester, pH Tester, pH Water Meter, Check Water pH
NEW! The PH-80 is an economically priced, reliable pH meter that is ideal for testing applications such as hydroponics & gardening, pools & spas, aquariums & reef tanks, water ionizers, drinking water and more.
- Measures pH and Temperature
- One-touch automatic digital calibration
- Water resistant
- Simultaneous temperature display
- Sleek, lightweight design
- Large LCD display
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
- Auto-off function, data-hold function and low-battery indicator
- Includes storage solution in a sponge embedded in a translucent cap
- Factory Calibrated: The PH-80 meter is factory calibration to pH 7.0. The meter can easily and quickly be recalibrated with digital calibration to pH 4.0, 7.0 or 10.0 using the meter's simple one-touch process.
- Includes a cap, batteries, storage solution and pH 7.0 buffer
pH Range: 0 - 14
Temperature Range: 1-80 °C; 33-176 °F
Resolution: 0.1 pH; Temperature resolution is 0.1 °C/F
Accuracy: +/- 0.2 pH; Temperature accuracy is +/-2%
Calibration: Digital automatic calibration (one point)
Minimum EC/TDS: 10 µS/5 ppm
Electrode: Glass sensor and reference tube electrodes
Housing: Water resistant
Power source: 3 x 1.5V button cell batteries (model LR44 or equivalent; included)
Dimensions: 15.3 x 3.2 x 1.8 cm (6.0 x 1.3 x 0.7 inches)
Weight: 53.9 g (1.9 oz)
The sponge in my cap is dry. Is this okay?
Yes. The PH-80 is shipped with the sponge dry. Prior to use, pour a small amount of the electrode storage solution(from the Mylar packet) into the sponge so that it's moist. Put the cap back on and allow the sensor to soak for 15 minutes standing upright. Additional storage solution is available for purchase. (NOTE: The sponge is simply for retaining the storage solution so that it doesn't spill. It should be kept in the cap.)
How often do I need to calibrate?
All pH meters should be calibrated anywhere from before every use to at least once a month. The frequency of calibration depends on usage and application, but you should calibrate at least once per month for proper results and a longer lifespan of your meter. A free packet of pH 7.0 buffer is included with the meter. Additional pH buffers for calibration are available for purchase. Please consult the user's guide for calibration instructions.
I use my meter for hydroponics. Does it need any special care?
Yes. Nutrients in a hydroponics reservoir will quickly adhere to the sensor and throw off readings. It is very important to rinse the sensor in distilled water after each use. Otherwise, you'll just be measuring the nutrients that are already onthe sensor.
Can I use the PH-80 for testing distilled, DI or RO water?
No. The meter is not designed for pure or very low TDS water. The water needs at least 10 ppm of TDS (µS of EC) to pick up a reading.
NOTE for owners of the PH-80: Your PH-80 is shipped with the sponge in the cap dry. Prior to use, pour a small amount of storage solution from the Mylar packet into the sponge so that the sponge is moist (not dripping wet). Put the cap back on and allow to soak for 15 minutes (standing upright) prior to use. Additional electrode storage solution is available for purchase.
- Shipping: via Skynet/Poslaju/FeDEX.
- Shipping fees: FREE SHIPPING to West Malaysia.
- Estimate arrival: 3 - 7 working days or sooner.
- Return policy: 7 days free returns.
- Availability : Ships to International!